Joining a club is a great way to get involved in 4-H. 4-H clubs have regular meetings and officers, just like any other youth organization. You will get a chance to meet other kids, learn leadership skills, go on trips, have parties, and be part of special activities and projects. Each youth member (except Clover Kids) will be assessed a $25 fee. (There will be a $5 discount for enrollments that are processed before October 31st. In a 4-H Club, you can:
- Learn about making decisions with a group.
- Develop skills in expressing your ideas and speaking before a group.
- Try new ideas and ways of doing things.
- Develop citizenship and leadership skills.
- Find out about special things you’re interested in, like photography, the environment, animals, food and nutrition, or public speaking.
- Develop self-confidence.
- Build a sense of pride in yourself and your club.
- Learn to be part of a team to get things done.
- Go to a summer camp or leadership workshop, show your work at a fair, travel to other counties or states, attend meetings and events with other young people, earn scholarships for college, and much, much more!
- Make new friends and have tons of fun!
If you live in Tarrant County and you want to join 4-H, give us a call at 817-884-1291 or e-mail Nanci Swindle, we’ll help you find a club that best matches your interest and location.
4-H On-Line Enrollment
After you have visited your first 4-H club meeting you may go to 4-H on-line enrollment and set up a profile. Pick your club and your projects. Once your enrollment has been approved you will belong to the Tarrant County 4-H program. To access 4-H on-line enrollment go to this link.
For the 2012-2013 each 4-H member and volunteer leader must enroll online.