Joining a club is a great way to get involved in 4-H. 4-H clubs have regular meetings and officers, just like any other youth organization. You will get a chance to meet other kids, learn leadership skills, go on trips, have parties, and be part of special activities and projects. Each youth member (except Clover Kids) will be assessed a $25 fee. (There will be a $5 discount for enrollments that are processed before October 31st. In a 4-H Club, you can:
- Learn about making decisions with a group.
- Develop skills in expressing your ideas and speaking before a group.
- Try new ideas and ways of doing things.
- Develop citizenship and leadership skills.
- Find out about special things you’re interested in, like photography, the environment, animals, food and nutrition, or public speaking.
- Develop self-confidence.
- Build a sense of pride in yourself and your club.
- Learn to be part of a team to get things done.
- Go to a summer camp or leadership workshop, show your work at a fair, travel to other counties or states, attend meetings and events with other young people, earn scholarships for college, and much, much more!
- Make new friends and have tons of fun!
4-H is for kids without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information of almost any age. If you’re in kindergarten, first grade, or second grade, you can be in Clover Kids. From third grade to age 19, you can be in 4-H.
If you live in Tarrant County and you want to join 4-H, give us a call at 817-884-1291 or e-mail Nanci Swindle, we’ll help you find a club that best matches your interest and location.
4-H On-Line Enrollment
After you have visited your first 4-H club meeting you may go to 4-H on-line enrollment and set up a profile. Pick your club and your projects. Once your enrollment has been approved you will belong to the Tarrant County 4-H program. To access 4-H on-line enrollment go to this link.
All 4-H member and volunteer leaders must enroll online.
|FAMILY INSTRUCTION RESOURCES
- New Volunteer Application & Returning Volunteer Application
- New Youth & Returning Youth
- Resetting Passwords
- Payment: Credit Card – Add/Delete/Edit Address
- Registration For Events
- Contact County Extension Office
- Video: Create A Family Profile
Welcome to 4-H
Welcome New 4-H Member
2015-2016 Texas 4-H Project List – 15-16_ClubProjectList