Our location is 200 Taylor Street Suite 500, Fort Worth, Texas 76196. Parking at the meters is available on Burnett, Weatherford, and Taylor Streets. The entrance to our building faces Burnett St. If you prefer to park in the lot adjacen to our building, please enter the parking lot on 2nd street and enter at the west side entrance that faces Burnett Street. The Taylor Street entrance is closed and the only open entrance is on the west side of the Plaza building.Mailing Address
Texas A & M AgriLife Extension
Tarrant County 4-H
P. O. Box 1540
Fort Worth, Texas 76101
Fax Number 817-884-1941
2016-2017 4-H Enrollment
IT’S HERE!! Enrollment for the upcoming 2016-2017 4-H year will start on August 15th. Participation fees will remain the same for the upcoming year, $20.00 from August 15th to October 31st and then $25.00 from November 1st on. Please be aware that if you enrolled before August 15th of 2016 that enrollment was for the previous year and you will need to re-enroll for the new 4-H year. All members’ 4-H enrollment s will be de-activated for the current year and all will need to re-enroll for the new year if they plan on continuing in 4-H.
NEW RULE FOR MEMBERS WHO RESIDE OUTSIDE OF TARRANT COUNTY: Beginning with enrollments for the 2016-2017 year, all members who wish to have 4-H membership in a county other than their home residence will need to submit a “Membership Transfer Form” to the County Extension office where they reside. The “Membership Transfer Form” posted below. (2016-2017 Texas 4-H Rules and Guidelines, page 3)
Some things to remember as you re-enroll for the 2016-2017 4-H year:
- If you are re-enrolling and already have an existing profile, DO NOT create a new profile. UPDATE your existing profile with any changes to email, physical address or phone numbers. An annual participant fee is due for each 4-H member when enrolling. Please use either a debit or credit card for payment. Also remember that 4-H Connect is not compatible with the Internet Explorer web browser so you will need to use Mozilla or another option. The 4-H check option is only for members whose club will be paying their enrollment fees.
- If you have forgotten your email address or password DO NOT create another profile in 4-H Connect. Call the office and we will send you a temporary password and inform you of the email address your profile is under.
- If you are 8 and in the third grade and enrolling in 4-H WAIT UNTIL September 1st to enroll. It is tricky because the official first day of 4-H is not until September 1st but enrollment starts on August 15th. This means there are 15 days for our new (young) members where they may not be assessed a participation fee and 4-H Connect will classify them as a Clover Kid.
Please contact the 4-H office at 817-884-1291 if you have any questions regarding enrollment.
- Quilt Challenge is no longer a community service project, but a true quilt challenge. Quilts will be judged in three different categories:
- First time quilter(s)
- Youth quilter(s) pieced
- Youth quilter(s) appliques
- Quilt size
- Small – length + width = less than 60” (this size includes miniature quilts, wall hangings, table runners, placemats (4), and pillows). All items must be quilted.
- Medium – length + width = 61” to 120”
- Large – length + width = over 120”
- Entry Deadline:
- Register on 4-H Connect by July 15, 2017
- Deadline for delivery is August 1, 2017
Support for Tarrant County 4-H
Looking for a way to support Tarrant County 4-H without taking money out of your pocket? Do you search the internet? Do you make online purchases? If so this opportunity may be just what you are looking for.. . Join www.GoodSearch.com, and every time you search the internet, a donation is made to the Tarrant County 4-H Youth Council and Adult Leaders Association.
It’s easy, doesn’t cost a thing, and turns every day actions into an easy way to raise funds for many of the events and activities that are sponsored by the Tarrant County 4-H Youth Council and the Tarrant County 4-H Adult Leaders, including the annual County Awards Banquet.
All you need to do is log on to www.goodsearch.com and choose “Tarrant 4-H Council” as your charity. You can even make a profile so that you don’t have to select Tarrant 4-H Council each time and you can watch the funds grow!
A penny is donated every time you search with www.goodsearch.com. It is easy, painless on your pocketbook, and benefits our Tarrant County 4-H youth.
There are even other ways to make money through www.goodsearch.com for 4-H while shopping or dining. Just go to their website to find out more. Don’t waste any time.
Start helping our Tarrant 4-H youth while you search the Internet today!
Quality Counts Verification
If the Quality Counts Verification you completed as a junior member has expired, you are required to take the Senior level verification. This must be done prior to entry into any major fall, winter or spring livestock show. Upon completing the verification process please email ag department to make them aware of your status. You cannot enter you into any shows from this point forward without a senior level designation.
The Link for verifying is at http://qc.wieghatgraphics.com/
Please see the document below that has the answers to frequently asked questions regarding Quality Counts.