Our location is 200 Taylor Street Suite 500, Fort Worth, Texas 76196. Parking at the meters is available on Burnett, Weatherford, and Taylor Streets. The entrance to our building faces Burnett St. If you prefer to park in the lot adjacen to our building, please enter the parking lot on 2nd street and enter at the west side entrance that faces Burnett Street. The Taylor Street entrance is closed and the only open entrance is on the west side of the Plaza building.Mailing Address
Texas A & M AgriLife Extension
Tarrant County 4-H
P. O. Box 1540
Fort Worth, Texas 76101
Fax Number 817-884-1941
Support for Tarrant County 4-H
Looking for a way to support Tarrant County 4-H without taking money out of your pocket? Do you search the internet? Do you make online purchases? If so this opportunity may be just what you are looking for.. . Join www.GoodSearch.com, and every time you search the internet, a donation is made to the Tarrant County 4-H Youth Council and Adult Leaders Association.
It’s easy, doesn’t cost a thing, and turns every day actions into an easy way to raise funds for many of the events and activities that are sponsored by the Tarrant County 4-H Youth Council and the Tarrant County 4-H Adult Leaders, including the annual County Awards Banquet.
All you need to do is log on to www.goodsearch.com and choose “Tarrant 4-H Council” as your charity. You can even make a profile so that you don’t have to select Tarrant 4-H Council each time and you can watch the funds grow!
A penny is donated every time you search with www.goodsearch.com. It is easy, painless on your pocketbook, and benefits our Tarrant County 4-H youth.
There are even other ways to make money through www.goodsearch.com for 4-H while shopping or dining. Just go to their website to find out more. Don’t waste any time.
Start helping our Tarrant 4-H youth while you search the Internet today!
Graduating Senior Event
High school graduation is an exciting moment in the lives of graduates and their families. It marks a culmination of 12 years of hard work, diligence, and dedication. Tarrant County 4-H enjoys having the opportunity to congratulate you and to host a reception in your honor.
Graduating Seniors have received an email requesting photos and a brief information form. Please return it to us by 4/30/16. (If you have not received your email, please contact us.)
On Monday, May 23, Tarrant County 4-H will honor our members who will be graduating in 2016. The reception will begin at 6:30 p.m., with guests invited to come and visit, as their schedules permit. Please plan to come and congratulate these wonderful young ladies and gentlemen.
Please feel free to call if you have any questions or suggestions on how we might make this a special event for all of the graduates.
The County 4-H Awards program is designed to recognize 4-H members for their progress work, leadership, and personal growth and development. It is not necessary to have won top honors with a project to receive a county award! Often, a member who has never won first place but has consistently done a good job and placed well, will have completed the most outstanding project. Remember, aspects of learning, teaching others, leadership, and personal growth is important too.
A completed record book or 4-H memory book and an application are required to apply for these awards.
- Gold Star (Sr.’s only) age 15-18
- Danforth (Sr.’s only) (age 15-18)
- 4-H Letterman (Sr.’s only)
- 4-H Honor Roll
- 4-H Rookie
- Outstanding New Member
- Junior Achiever
- Intermediate Achiever
- Senior Achiever (ages 14-18)
- Community Service Award
Applications are due to the 4-H office on June 20, 2016. Interviews for awards will be on June 27, 2016. Awards will be presented at the Tarrant County 4-H Awards Reception.
Honor Roll Application 2016 (Word)
Rookie of the Year Award (Word)
4-H Letterman Award (Word)
Spring Validation Tag Orders
Attention All 4-H Members Who Are Considering Show a Steer or Heifer a Major Show Or Sheep, Goat Or Swine At State Fair
- If you are considering showing a steer at a major show, it is time to order your tags.
- If you are planning to show a breeding heifer it is time to order your UIN.
- If you are planning to show a market lamb, market goat or market swine at the State Fair, it is time to order your tags.
- The deadline for tag orders is 5 p.m. on Friday, April 15. No late orders will be accepted.
- An order is complete only if it has a completed form and a check or money order for the correct amount accompanying it. No phone, fax, email or test orders will be accepted.
- Each market animal tag will cost $15. Payment will need to be made out to ELEC. Late tag orders received after 5 p.m. on Friday, April 15, will be accepted until Tuesday, May 31 and will cost $30 each.
- Order form is attached and is also available on-line at: http://agrilife.org/urbantarrant4h/livestock-news/
- Late lamb and goat tag deadline is June 1 and they will cost $30.
- There will be no refunds for any reason.
Breeding Heifer Information
- Orders for 2016 fall major breeding heifer UINs must be in the Extension office by May 6. Heifer ownership deadline is June 30, 2016.
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW CAREFULLY AS THERE ARE TWO SETS OF DIRECTIONS BASED ON IF YOU ARE VALIDATING A NEW HORSE FOR 2016 OR REACTIVATING A HORSE THAT WAS ENTERED LAST YEAR INTO 4-H CONNECT
For those entering a new horse into 4-H Connect, before you begin your validation process you must:
- Have a family & youth member profile established on 4-H Connect
- Be a paid and ACTIVE youth member of Texas 4-H for the 2015-2016 year.
- For any horse which was NOT validated in 4-H Connect last year, have digital photos of your horse (s) from the front, left side, and right side. These photos must be accessible for upload during the validation process.
- For any registered horse that was NOT validated last year you will need to have a pdf copy of your horse (s) registration papers for upload.
Reactivation of previous horses
- To reactivate horses from previous years when you are in the animal screen you will select the horses you wish to reactivate for this year by clicking on the box beside the horse name. Once the correct ones are selected, click the “ACTIVATE ANIMAL (S) button. Please read the instructions below for complete information on activating.
Horse validation is completed for EACH HORSE and will cover all 4-H youth members in that family profile. However, when validating your horses on 4-H Connect, you will select ONLY ONE 4-H youth member to conduct the validation under. Once a horse is validated, validation paid, and you begin registering for district horse show, the validated horse(s) can be moved to the appropriate 4-H member (s) that will be exhibiting the horse in the show.
HORSE VALIDATION PERIOD IS: March 1, 2016 to April 15, 2016 price is $10.00 per horse-April 16, 206 to May 1, 2016 price is $20.00 per horse. Validation and payment is required of ALL horses regardless if they were entered this year or last.
Please contact Fred M. Hall for questions regarding the validation process at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to the Livestock 4-H page for complete instructions.
East Region 4-H Horse Show
Email questions to the new agriculture agent Fred M. Hall at Fmhall@ag.tamu.edu
Livestock Project Registration
It is time to send in your livestock project sheets to the 4-H office. Livestock Project Sheets must be renewed each year just as your member enrollment form. For new members the form is due when you enroll in 4-H and get a project.
The Livestock Project Sheet is due for renewing members on October 1, 2014.
If you have any questions or concerns about signing up for any stock show please call or email Marian Ross immediately at 817-884-1294 or email@example.com .
Quality Counts Verification
If the Quality Counts Verification you completed as a junior member has expired, you are required to take the Senior level verification. This must be done prior to entry into any major fall, winter or spring livestock show. Upon completing the verification process please email ag department to make them aware of your status. You cannot enter you into any shows from this point forward without a senior level designation.
The Link for verifying is at http://qc.wieghatgraphics.com/
Please see the document below that has the answers to frequently asked questions regarding Quality Counts.