HARVEST FESTIVAL UPDATES
If you are showing in the Harvest Festival, please make note of the following memo from their Board; in particular, shavings for swine, broiler pick-up, and the October 1 deadline for entries. (Validation of animals does not mean they are entered. An entry form must be given to Sarah for her signature and for entry online.)
The Harvest Festival board met Tuesday, Sept. 6 with the following results:
* Barbecue plate the night of the sale will be $8…this is the first increase in forever!
* We are still working on having the “old shavings” in the swine barn removed. This will require all swine exhibitors to bring new shavings if they expect shavings for their pigs.
* Signs will be made to “help” with directions for unloading and also remind everyone that all livestock are to remain inside the fenced area. Exhibitors are not to exercise, “fit or groom” their livestock, etc. outside the fenced area…no exceptions!
* Exhibitors are also reminded to have their picture made immediately following the sale order. If no picture is made, an alternate may be called up!
* Broiler pick-up will be Thursday, September 15, 2-4 pm at Kilgore High School according to Charles Taylor, poultry supt.
* Ag Mechanics and Home Economics will be inside Maude Cobb at the same time. Ag Mech exhibitors are asked not to perform any work on their projects (spray paint, drill, grind, etc) that would interfere with home ec.
* A post card with Harvest Festival pictures on it will be mailed to past buyers reminding them of the show and sale dates, time & location.
* Teachers/Agents are reminded to have their students fill out their entry forms as in years past so summary sheets and online entries can be completed and turned in by the October 1 deadline.
Categories: Livestock Shows