(Master of Science, Master of Recreation Resources Development, Doctor of Philosophy)
Fall – March 1st
Spring – August 1st
Summer – November 1st
Step 1: Contact Irina Shatruk via email.
Your email to Irina should include the following information:
1. Short statement of your research interests in one page or less.
Step 2: Apply to Texas A&M University.
Irina will send you an email acknowledging receipt of your research interests and resume. Once you have received a reply from her you can apply at www.applytexas.org. On the Apply Texas website, choose graduate application, then Texas A&M University. The major for the application will be Recreation, Park, & Tourism Sciences. In order to apply you will need the following:
1. Official Transcript – This can be mailed to the University following completion of the online application
2. TOEFL/IELTS Test Results (International Students Only) – This must have been taken within the last 2 years. You can apply before you take the this test , but your application can not be fully processed until after the results are received by Texas A&M.
3. GRE Test Results – This test must have been taken within the last 5 years. You can apply before you take this test, but your application can not be fully processed until after the results are received by Texas A&M.
4. Application Processing Fee – The fee is $50 for students in the United States and $90 for International students.
Step 3: Once you have completed your online application you will need to email the following items to Irina.
1. Transcripts – this just needs to be a copy of your transcript. It does not have to be an official copy of your transcripts.
2. Statement of Intent – this should be no longer than one page.
3. Three References
4. Writing Samples – each sample should be 10 pages or less. List of the Faculty you
would like the work with click here for a list of all RPTS Faculty.
Step 4: Wait for the Graduate Committee to decide if you application will be accepted.