Just knowing how to get started is one of the most common and formidable challenges to conducting an evaluation. The purpose of this page is to guide you in the “getting started” process – regardless of your current level (i.e., whether a novice or veteran of Extension program evaluation).
Which of the following best describes what you want to know?
- I want to see the big picture of the process first (our suggestion)
- I want an overview of basic evaluation concepts (what is evaluation, why evaluate, outputs vs. outcomes, types of client changes, etc.
- I want an overview of actually doing an evaluation (how to start, available options, how scanning technology is integrated, etc.)
- I want specific instructions on using scan forms correctly
- I want an overview of the content and resources this web page has to offer to help me with evaluation