Please click on the above link to view the video demonstration of Dinner Tonight Szechuan Beef Stir Fry.
To download the recipe to the Szechuan Beef Stir Fry click this link http://healthyliving.tamu.edu/media/70897/szechuan_beef_stir_fry.pdf
Quick Tips for Stir-Frying
- Stir -frying is cooking (food) quickly by cutting it into small pieces and stirring constantly in a lightly oiled Wok or frying pan over high heat: a common method of Chinese cookery.
- Cut all your vegetables and meats and prepare your sauce beforehand since stir-frying is fast for example, you won’t really have time to chop the broccoli while the onion is cooking.
- Cutting food into equal sized pieces helps to ensure even cooking.
- Learn the different cooking times of meats and vegetables so that you will know when to add then to your recipe.
- Heat the pan first, and then add oil. When the oil is hot, add aromatics, such as ginger and garlic, and stir-fry, for a few seconds, or until you smell them.
- You’ll need to stagger additions to the stir-fry according to how long they take to cook. (For example, you’d add onions first, and stir-fry for about 2 minutes, then add broccoli florets and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes, then add red bell pepper and stir-fry for 2 more minutes.)