Mark you calendars June 26 for the Horticulture Field Day. This is a fun and free event, where you can see the latest flowering plants going head-to-head in the field at Texas A&M at Overton. You can vote for your favorites, which eventually become the “People’s Picks” and listed at the flowers.tamu.edu web site. It starts at 8:30 at the Horticulture Farm north of the Overton Center, and then moves mid-morning to the Center where you can enjoy more flowers at the Demonstration Garden. After lunch, enjoy presentations by Dr. Brent Pemberton, Texas AgriLife Research horticulturist, and Jimmy Turner, research horticulturist at the Dallas Arboretum, on what’s new and exciting in the world of annuals and perennials, plus a talk by Dr. Terry Stallman, AgriLife Research horticulturist on Container Gardening Research Trials. Click here for the a map and schedule.
- Not Your Common Groundcovers July 19, 2014
- Plumeria and Frangipani – Bring the Tropics To Your Home July 11, 2014
- Gardening Tips for July July 8, 2014
- Overton Horticulture Field Day June 30, 2014
- Crapemyrtle Bark Scale – A New Pest on Crapemyrtles June 27, 2014
- Crapemyrtles for Great Summer Color June 20, 2014