Missed Friday on the deeper run using the Out O Site trap, and today using the harpoon trap on a shallow run. In both cases, I was taking a chance because it just so happened that there were at least 3 holes exposed in preparing for the traps. I had to make a choice on which path it was going to take – obviously the wrong ones! I moved the harpoon to another spot nearby where there was a straight-away, so my chances should improve. I just packed in more soil in pit for the deeper run to see if they come back and maybe I can figure out which direction they are running. Deeper are a lot more difficult to locate – I’m using a long metal rod to probe the soil.
- Gardening Notes for the Month of April April 5, 2015
- Get Ready for Azalea Season March 20, 2015
- Don’t Guess – Soil Test March 17, 2015
- By Moon or President’s Day, It’s Time to Plant Potatoes February 13, 2015
- Time to Plant Onions February 13, 2015
- Anticipate Springtime with Early Bloomers February 8, 2015