Missed Friday on the deeper run using the Out O Site trap, and today using the harpoon trap on a shallow run. In both cases, I was taking a chance because it just so happened that there were at least 3 holes exposed in preparing for the traps. I had to make a choice on which path it was going to take – obviously the wrong ones! I moved the harpoon to another spot nearby where there was a straight-away, so my chances should improve. I just packed in more soil in pit for the deeper run to see if they come back and maybe I can figure out which direction they are running. Deeper are a lot more difficult to locate – I’m using a long metal rod to probe the soil.
- Valentine’s Day Gardening February 13, 2014
- February Gardening Notes February 13, 2014
- Pruning the Fruit Orchard January 27, 2014
- Pruning for Healthy, Attractive & Productive Plants January 24, 2014
- Upcoming Gardening and other Educational Programs January 21, 2014
- Time to Plant Home Orchard January 13, 2014