Date: Saturday, February 27, 2016
NEW Location this year!
China Spring Elementary School
200 Bob Johnson
China Spring, TX 76633
Link to Google Map
8:00 – 8:30 am – Agents Arrive
8:30 – 9:00 am – Contestant Registration
9:00 – 9:30 am – Contestant Orientation
1:00 pm – Approximate Time of Awards Presentation
- $10 per contestant
- Payable through 4-H Connect*
- *Please check with your county Extension office to determine how this will be handled within your county.
- Demonstrate skill in making decisions based on facts
- Apply knowledge and experience in consumer education by analyzing consumer situations
- Experience making choices among selected marketplace options
- Develop and strengthen reasoning ability in consumer skills
- Demonstrate their ability to organize thoughts and express them orally in a clear, confident manner
Check with your local county Extension office to ask about deadlines specific to your county.
Rules & Guidelines
District 8 4-H Rules & Guidelines
2016 Texas 4-H Consumer Decision Making Study Guide
2016 Texas 4-H Consumer Decision Making Study Guide – Category Descriptions
2016 Texas 4-H Consumer Decision Making – Presenting Oral Reasons
2016 Texas 4-H Consumer Decision Making – Worksheet
Check out the Texas 4-H Consumer Education website for more resources!
Possible Categories/Classes from the Study Guide
- Athletic Shoes
- Digital Cameras
- Nutritious Snacks
- Fast Food Meals
- Outdoor Equipment
- Outdoor Backpacks
Classes to be Judged at District 8 Contest
Intermediates – 1 set
Seniors – 2 sets
Specific reasons classes will be announced the morning of the contest.
Contest Letter (MS Word)
Contest Letter (pdf)