We offer websites at no cost to AgriLife entities using the WordPress platform. If you decide to put your website with us, we can provide:
- Website hosting and backups
- WordPress plugin and security updates
- One-on-one or group training to use WordPress
- Technical support for ongoing site improvements
- Consultation about site organization or strategy
- Provided templates are compliant with state and federal accessibility laws
- Provided templates are compliant with university and TAMU System rules about links and brand guide colors
If you need help with a website or want to start a new website, fill out the website project request form
Resources to help make your website better
When you are starting a new website (or need to reevaluate what you currently have), it can be a bit overwhelming so we have the following resources to help you get started:
- Sign up for our email series about writing for the web
- Overview on how to write for the web. The email series covers these topics in more detail.
- Read these easy tips on how to create content for a new site.
- We may ask you to do a content audit before we help with your website. This streamlines the process and teaches you how to audit your website for quality.
- Finally, learn how to make your website accessible for all users, despite impairments.
- Blogging tips
For questions about your website content, contact Blair Williamson at (979) 862-6424 or email@example.com.
All AgriLife websites use WordPress as the content management system. We offer training in person or online via Lync or Webex. Training can be one-on-one or in a group.
Social media guidelines
AgriLife does not have formal rules or guidelines that you need to follow for starting social media, but we do recommend you review and follow the
Social media recommendations from the A&M System:
You are not required to have a certain logo on your social media accounts. But there are social media icons available, simply as a resource, on the logos download page for your entity.