- To develop life skills in composition, light, story line, posing and awareness.
- To encourage 4-H members to use photography as a meaningful communications tool in
- To provide photography project showcase opportunity for 4-H members.
- To continue sharing the message of 4-H.
- To utilize photographs which can promote and strengthen the 4-H program
- Photos will not be turned into the county office
- Photographs will not be printed
- Photos will be uploaded to 4-H Connect during contest registration
- Photos will be on digital display during District 9 4-H Round Up, April 26-27. Photography contest participants need not attend District 9 4-H Roundup. Photography contestants will be recognized at the awards program.
- The district contest is not a qualifying contest for the State Photography Contest
A fee of $5.00 per photograph must be paid for each entry.
Photographs must be uploaded with online entry using 4-H Connect must be done by March 28, 2013
Juniors – 8 years old and in the 3rd grade to 10 years as of August 31, 2012
Intermediates – 11, 12, 13 as of August 31, 2012
Seniors – 14-18 as of August 31, 2012
Eligibility of Photos:
All photographs must have been taken by 4-H members between the dates of January 1, 2012 and the time of entry. Photos may be submitted only one time to the District 9 4-H Photography Contest. A single photo cannot be entered in multiple divisions or classes (ie: the same original cannot be entered in multiple divisions.
Number of entries:
Exhibitor may have one entry per division/class for a total of four entries per exhibitor.
Refusal Rights: The District 9 4-H Photography Committee reserves the right to refuse inappropriate or unsuitable entries.
Go to District 9 4-H Photography for additional details.