Learn By Doing
Workshops focus on a variety of family and consumer science projects (food & nutrition, clothing & textiles, consumer education, home economics, entrepreneurship) Workshops are for Clover Kids as well as Senior members. Experienced 4-H members have the opportunity to lead workshops in their areas of expertise. All workshop cost $5 and include lunch. Most of the time members will have a take home item.
January 19, 2013
February 9, 2013
The consumer education project teaches participants to make wise decisions when shopping. Project activities also focus on the economy, money management, consumer rights and responsibilities, and the environment.
- Attain a broad knowledge of the 4-H project and related activities as to the way they improve family and community life.
- Acquire life skills through project participation essential for becoming an active, skilled, productive and responsible citizen.
- Adopt and apply the latest practices and research findings in the project area to everyday project experiences and work.
- Develop an understanding from 4-H project training and experiences which can assist you in the future for choosing and preparing for a job.
- Develop leadership skills that promote positive youth development.
Educational Presentation in the Open Family and Consumer Sciences Category
Consumer Decision Making Contest Good consumer skills can help you get more for your money. Consumer Decision Making gives youth the opportunity to make wise decisions when shopping. Consumer Decision Making is a judging contest designed to teach kids to observe, compare and make consumer based decisions based on facts. 4-Hers use their consumer knowledge to rank similarly based products to fit a given scenario. Kids learn to organize their thoughts and to defend their decisions in oral reasons.
Project activities through Consumer Critter or Consumer Savvy curriculum, field trips, and research.
Record Book in Consumer Education category