All entries are due to the Bell County Extension Office by 5:00 p.m. on March 28, 2014 for Seniors Age Level ONLY
- Participation Age: The Texas 4-H and Youth Development Photography contest will be displayed during the 2014 Texas 4-H Roundup and is open to all senior age 4-H members that have passed their 14th but not their 19th birthday before August 31, 2014. Participants must have been born during the period beginning September 1, 1994 and ending August 31, 1999.
- Eligibility of Photos: All photographs must have been taken by 4-H members between the dates of January 1, 2013 and the time of entry. Photos may be submitted only one time and in only one category to the state photography contest.
- Manipulation of Photos: Photos can only have minor manipulation, touch-up performed for all categories except Digital Darkroom. The only acceptable manipulation includes correction of red-eye, cropping, and straightening of photos. Any other manipulation, edits, to a photo would require the photo to be entered into the Digital Darkroom category.
- Format of Photograph: Photographs should be taken at the highest resolution possible. Photographs must be in a .jpeg, .jpg, or .gif format. Files submitted may not be larger than 2,048k (2MB). Best of Show winners may be asked to submit a high resolution file or an original negative, print, or slide. There is no minimum size requirement, however, your photograph must be large enough that it can be clearly evaluated for the contest (i.e. if it is too small, it can be disqualified).
- Labeling/Naming the Photograph. Each photograph will need to be clearly labeled with the County name, 4-H member’s first and last name and the name of the category (see below for label name). For example: A 4-H member entering the Details & Macros category would label their photograph as: “Details_Bell_Smith_John.jpg” Categories are below. One photo per category is allowed.
- Submission of Photos to CEO: Flash drive or CD with each photo labeled or renamed in ziplog bag and entry form stapled to bag. No email submissions allowed.