DISTRICT HORSE SHOW INFORMATION
District 8 4-H Horse Show scheduled for June 15-16, 2015 in Belton
INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
For 2015, Horse Validation will be processed through 4-H Connect. All members of the 4-H Horse Project MUST complete this to participate in the District and State 4-H Horse Show.
Time-frame: March 1 – April 15, for $10.00 per horse OR April 16 -May 1 for $20.00 per horse
Cost: $10 per horse before April 15, 2015 and $20 per horse after April 16, 2015
- THERE ARE MANY NEW CHANGES!!! PLEASE READ THE RULES AND REGULATIONS TO MAKE SURE YOU COVER THEM ALL!!!!!
- Have a family and youth member profile established on 4-H CONNECT.
- Be an paid/active youth member of Texas 4-H for the 2013-2014 year.
- REQUIRED: Have digital photos of your horse(s) from the front, left side, and right side. These photos must be accessible for upload during the validation process.
- REQUIRED: For registered horses, you need to have a pdf or jpeg copy of your horse(s) registration papers uploaded.
- If you are validating the same horse, you will not have to have new pictures or papers.
- Pay with credit card for each validation.
- Information, photos, and registration papers for horses validated using 4-H Connect in previous years will not have to be re-entered/re-submitted, unless any changes have been made, such as a change in ownership; however, horses in the system will still need to be selected for the current year’s validation, and payment will be required for each horse validated.
For more information about the State Horse Show and Validation please visit the Texas A&M University Department of Animal Science – Equine Science website: (http://animalscience.tamu.edu/academics/equine/state-4h-show/).
Validation is required for showing at district or state horse shows, and its purpose is to certify that ownership requirements have been met. The horse MUST be owned solely by the 4-H member, his/her parents (biological or stepparents), brother, sister, grandparents, or legal guardian.
Dates to remember: Horse Activity dates to put on your calendar now!!!!
- May 1, 2015—Deadline to Validate ownership for District 8 and State Competition
- TBA (MAY) – Deadline to submit entries for the District 8 Horse Show to the County Extension Office (forms available after Validation is complete)
- June 15-16, 2015—District 8 Horse Show at the Bell County Expo Center
- July 18-25, 2015—State 4-H Horse Show in Abilene (entries due at the District Horse Show June 16)