Have you ever thought about doing a recordbook? A recordbook is good for those who want to keep records of their 4-H career, win awards for resumes, or help you with filling out your scholarship applications. All seniors who complete a recordbook say that it helped them with filling out their scholarship applications a lot.
Dates to Remember
It is best you start NOW on your recordbook!!! It is way easier for all ages now so get started and be ahead of the game!!!
FIRST RECORDBOOK DRAFTS DUE DATE: June 1, 2016 (Sooner the better)
RECORDBOOKS DUE: June 15, 2016
County Recordbook Judging Date: June 17, 2016 at the Bell CEO (If you would like to judge, email email@example.com)
District Recordbook Judging Date: July 7, 2016, Bosque County
State Recordbook Judging Date: August 1, 2016-Location TBD
“For the Record” is the Texas 4-H and Youth Development Program’s record keeping program. It is a two part educational process that teaches basic record keeping skills and then allows a 4-H member to participate in the record book competition.
You will now only have the option to use the WORD and/or PDF documents for your record keeping system.
Tips and Highlights:
- 2016 Family Guide to Recordbooks
- 2015-2016 Recordbooks and Beyond
- Recordbooks At A Glance Guide
- 2016 Recordbook Categories – UPDATED categories! Make sure you look at the updated list BEFORE your start!
- Reference to recordbook objectives in report no longer required
- Photo captions no longer required
- Resume for seniors no longer required
- College/Career Exploration page added for seniors
- PLEASE read Texas 4-H Family Guide for NEW updates on forms!
- Dividers are allowed and encouraged to separate recordbook years!
Forms to use if you do not have internet for your recordbook, choose not to do the online version, or you want to do a hard copy and then paste it in online:
For grades 3-5.
This group focuses on 1 main project for the current 4-H year.
For 6-8 grade.
This age group focuses on 1 main project for the current 4-H year.
For grades 9-12.
This age group can do a max of 4 projects for the current 4-H year.
- 2016 Recordbooks Check Sheet
- Recordbook Example #1: Sport-fishing Senior
- Recordbook Example #2: Photography Senior
- Recordbook Example #3: Food and Nutrition Senior (Story Only)
Examples to help assist you with recordbooks (Note: these are past recordbooks, but will help with writing the new ones and wording):
- Recordbook Example #1: Cattle
- Recordbook Example #2: Vet Science
- Recordbook Example #3: Beef Story
- Recordbook Example #4: Rabbits
- Recordbook Example #5: Meat goats
- Recordbook Example #6: Dog Eye View
Congratulations on the following STATE recordbook winners!